Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Gecko Galz Daily Challenge Mar 31 Steampunk Birthday

Today is  the last day of daily challenges for GECKO GALZ
Todays challenge is HAPPY BIRTHDAY


I created a Steampunk birthday card using the fabulous digital sheet from GG
Using a piece of steampunk paper I had in my stash, I cut out a 5" x 6" card
It has these awesome pocket watch images on it.

On the top image, I added a set of metal clock hands using a silver metal brad. This way you can actually change the time.
The Time Flies is a sticker. Added that to the corner, then cut out the steampunk bird from the Steampunk Collage sheet, and using a pop dot, put it by the sticker.

Next, I cut out the pixie girl riding on the hot air balloon contraption. Then I distressed the edges using a black soot distress ink pad
I cut out 2 gears using my die cutter. One in silver, the other gold

Glued them on the left side of the card, then glued 3D pop dots to the back of the image I just cut out.
Stuck that over the flashy gears

I found a really cool metal look Happy Birthday tag online, so printed it off, and edged it in black soot.
I attached it to the bottom of the card using brads that look like screws.

I then cut out a gear edge with my die cutter. The paper is kraft paper with a black foil filigree design. Glued that to the inside front card, so you see the edge peeking out.

A rad card for any steampunkers!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...