Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas Pyramid Box

This pyramid box is from a template I got free at Stampingtons & Co
I knew I wanted to make it into a Christmas gift box
I used one of the triangles on the box and made a template.
I then picked out a decorative piece of scrapbook paper I had in my stash, and cut out 4 triangles.
These were glued to the box.  Punch holes with a 1/2" hole punch through all 4 of the pyramid pieces, near the top.

The square on the top-I first cut it on in chipboard, then in 2 pieces of the scrapbook paper.Glue the paper on both sides.
Set aside.
Using my sizzix, I cut 6 filigree corners from glitter paper.
Glue 4 of them to the bottom center of each side. The other 2 I glued to 2 corners on the lid.
To add some pizzazz, I did a swipe of aged brass wax over the paper on each box side.

Using images from Gecko Galz digital sheets, Christmas Cuties + Christmas Haberdashery, cut 4 images for each side of the box.
Pop dots make them stand up on the box, and show up really well.

Now, depending on what you are going to use the box for, you can either use a 2-sided tape to glue the box sides together, ( after you have folded it), or just fold it up together and put the square piece over the top. I used the sticky tape.
I then added 2 pretty pointsetta 3d stickers to 2 corners of the box square.

Last but not least, cut a twig or a dowel, to fit thru the holes thru the top of the pyramid box as shown in pics.
I used a twig that I painted in copper metallic paint.
Put the twig thru the holes.
I then added a skeleton key charm, a copper tassel, + a glass bead drop, by using a gold twist tie.
You could use this box as a gift box, or by adding some pretty ribbon to the other 2 holes on the point of the pyramid, it could become a tree decoration. I glued Swarovski crystals to the holes.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous little gift box, Kim! It will make a super table top decoration too! Thanks for sharing the link to the template! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thanks for entering this in our challenge at Artsystamper Digitals Challenge Blog! I see you figured it out...good for you!
    Hugs,
    Bev aka Artsystamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, your pyramid box is amazing! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” December Challenge. Good Luck!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is just amazing and absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...