Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Dreamers of Dreams

 So, I just made this piece for the Dec Gecko Galz Challenge.
The challenge is called DREAMY
This is my interpretation
I started off with a wooden easel 6" x 8"
Taking a few different shades of blue acrylic paint, I painted it all to resemble a sky. Let dry

Using a pouncer brush, I did a dry brush technique to form clouds.
While they were trying, I decided on my digital focal point. the one I chose is from the DREAMLAND sheet.
I edged the edges in gold wax paste and set aside.
Next, I checked placement for my pic, then took some metallic die cut gears, and glued them to the wood.
My picture was glued over top.
I cut out butterflies from scrapbook paper, folded them in the middle to make their wings stand up, and glued them randomly in the background. I then cut out seagulls + used 3d pop dots.
Lastly, I glued the die cut word Believe to the bottom, then  stamped + embossed the dream verse + glued it to the top.
Then I added a few painted chipboard gears around my pic.

What do you dream?


1 comment:

  1. The cloudy sky background is so beautiful, Kim and the perfect background for your flying bicycle lady. Love the cogs behind the image and the butterflies add to the dreaminess! Gorgeous work! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...