Friday, June 16, 2023

Gecko Galz DT Challenge-June Dapper Gentlemen

 I have created lots of versatile projects this month.

Gecko Galz has many wonderful kits + images to use in your

DAPPER GENTLEMEN projects


My 1st project is a mans wood jewelry box.

I distressed the box in black gel stain

The stars around the sides were cut out from this paper pack

steel-town-digital-paper-pack

I also added metal wings + a spinning propellor

On the lid, i layered resin gears, + the pic of the pilot is from this sheet

mad-about-men-collage-sheet

A sheet of mica over the pilot print ages + protects it

On the lid inside, is this design

I added some aged, metal charms on the corners



A fun tag using paper from here

high-society-digital-paper-pack

The dapper gentleman image is from here

haberdashery-craft-kit

I cut out 2, then cut out another mustache, bow tie + eye with monocle

I 3d the bow tie + mustache, then added glass glaze to the monocle, + real chain

I used pop dots to adhere him to the tag

A black eyelet, + words I created on my own



Perfect for any Steampunk Gentleman

Using a vintage metal belt buckle blank, I created this Steampunk buckle using an image from this GG sheet

steam-punk-collage-set

The edges of the buckle I aged in waxes

Resin gears, also aged, added to highlight the design




Can't forget about Dad on his special day!

I created 2 greeting cards using black cardstock, scrapbook paper, + images from this sheet set

man-o-man-digital-collage-set

The word quotes are from here

no-1-dad-digital-sentiments-collection



Every guy needs a tin...somewhere to hold their stuff!

I created this Mans, man tin using this fab image

handsome-tin-toppers-digital-collage

These images are perfect for making crafts with the Altoid Tins

I also used scrapbook paper from my stash, + washi tape around the edges

I edges the man design in gold ink

for some dimension, I added the Top Hat, Umbrella, + a wine glass

The word quote is from the same sheet



I of course had to add a Poe project! I think he's a Dapper dude!!

This project is an altered paintbrush

After gessoing the brush, I painted it in black + twisted citron

I also crackled the paint handle to age it

Resin pieces are painted in black, then I added highlights in white + silver waxes

On the top of the gothic window is Crypt paste, which when dry, I dry brushed it on the citron

Poe himself in the center of the window

You can find him here

nevermore-digital-junk-journal-kit

Check out the JUNE Challenges on the Gecko Galz blog!

http://geckogalzscrapbooking.blogspot.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...