Thursday, June 3, 2021

Gecko Galz June Challenge-Wild West Sweetheart

 


YEEHAW! I found my inner cowgirl with this months Gecko Galz challenge

My 1st project is this boot kicking Old West Saloon.

I had my bff build the saloon out of wood. 

Painted it in old wood colors, then added wood grain digital paper

Yep, those saloon doors actually swing open + close!

A cow skull on the top of the building, as well as a wood wagon wheel, adds to the theme.

I also built a small bench to sit on the boardwalk.

An old cowboy sittin here, wondering where all the cowgirls came from!

Gecko Galz has these wicked awesome retro cowgirl images!

I cut some out and adhered them to the saloon rails. Others I glued them to a base so they would stand up, + also added a WANTED poster. 



Next up, I created a COWBOY BOOT Card

Got the boot shape from Pinterest. Cut it out on white cardstock.

Used some plaid paper from my stash for the main boot, + brown textured paper for the boot heel, sole + leather strap.

Did stitching with a white paint pen

I love the image of the hard working cowgirl in the center.  I glued her to another "stitched leather" adornment.

On the top of the boot strap is a red brad.

I also edged the entire card in Vintage Photo ink.



WELL BEHAVED COWGIRLS RARELY MAKE HISTORY TAG

A fun cowgirl tag, using this kick ass tag from Gecko Galz. Its from their Ride em Cowgirl digital craft kit

The southwestern blank tag with a cutout cowgirl image that has been 3d to the tag.

In the corner I made a leather look corner pocket using a cut up brown paper bag that I first colored with vintage photo oxide ink, then crumpled it up, smoothed it out, then rubbed black dye ink over the crumples. Makes it look like worn leather.

A western ticket over top.

I made a rope lasso. Its hanging from the word tag. There is also a gun charm on the top.

Finished it off with a blue brad on the southwest tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...