Monday, June 29, 2020

Down the Rabbit Hole Tree Stump Gecko Galz DT July Challenge


Alice falling Down the Rabbit Hole
in a wacky tree stump

This all started with a Pringles Chip can I cut into 3 parts.
I cut the pieces at angles, to give me a slightly wacky look

I taped the can back together, then glued in some potion scrapbook paper inside the can.
cut a bunch of pieces of tinfoil, then scrunched them up + hot glued them to the sides of the can, leaving the opening open.
Took squares of papertowel, coated each one with a mixture of watered down white glue and covered over top. Then using my fingers, I scrunched the wet towels to form my tree texture.
It was messy, but fun!

Sit the tree on a rack with a baking sheet underneath. Set a fan in front. It takes a couple of days to dry.


I painted the tree black, then dry brushed it using browns and greys.
Added the moss, leaving a small hole on the top.


I painted a dowel black, then glued it inside the rabbit hole. Alice was added to the dowel to  make it look like shes falling.

Digital Alice words and images from Gecko Galz were then glued around the tree.

Gecko Galz has a wonderful selection of Alice in Wonderland digitals

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous mixed media tree stump, Kim. Hard to believe you made the texture from foil and paper towel - it looks so realistic! I love your creative mind. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...