Sunday, May 10, 2020

Lemonade Stand DT Color of Summer Challenge GG


The DT Challenge for June on the Gecko Galz Facebook page is Color of Summer

I created a bright, sunny Lemonade Stand

I started with a teabag box.
Cut here and there, till I got it looking like a stand. Masking tape around the bottom to make it sturdier.

My first cut was this, but after some debating, I decided to lose the back pillars.

Gessoed the whole stand in white, then when dry, I covered the inside + bottom half in this delicious lemon paper from GG Summer Picnic Paper Pack Summer Picnic


The top part I used the yellow striped paper in the same paper pack.

 I also used the striped paper to make a border on the bottom of the stand.

Orange felt glued to the bottom

Using part of the box that I cut off, I made a front counter. I covered it in the lemonade slices paper. I also printed it on glossy sticker paper to look more like a laminated counter.


Using yellow pearl paper and my diecutter, I made the flag banner. Added tiny glitter dots in green.

Black zig zag dresden under the counter, + the sides

The big Lemonade sign on top, is made from gluing the sign onto yellow cardstock. the image is from the
Lets Make Lemonaid  digital collage sheet.
I edged it in green distress ink

The glass with lemons is from the same sheet. After glueing it, I used liquid glass over it. When dry, it looks and feels like glass.

My punch bowl of lemonade is a small plastic cup I had , mixed the liquid glass with some shimmer lemon dye spray. When  dry, I added lemon slices + also covered them in the liquid glass. Same as the slices laying on the counter.

Lastly, I glued on another image, a large lemon, + wrote on it with a black glitter pen. .5

Anyone for a lemonade?


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...