Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Gecko Galz DT Challenge Colors of Summer


SUMMER BREEZE

For my June DT Challenge for Gecko Galz, I created this 12" x 12" canvas using the BACKGROUND CHECK DOMINO's Digital sheet that will be coming out soon on the Gecko Galz Etsy shop.

I used modelling paste and my blocks stencil on the 12 x 12 canvas

When that dried, I painted it in shimmer, then white acrylic paint

Made my dominos next. Used bamboo dominos,  + glued the designs I chose to one side. Let dry
Covered the dried images with Glass Glaze + let dry over night.

After the white paint was dry on the canvas, I sprayed on a fun twist using shimmer dye sprays from Dylusions, + Color Bloom. Set it up to let the drips do their thing, and set it aside to dry. 

The next day, after choosing my layout pattern, I glued the dominos to the canvas.

Fun to make and something a little different! 

1 comment:

  1. this is truly amazing! what a fantastic idea and so beautifully executed! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...