Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Vintage Botanical Wood Plaque


I love making anything with a vintage feel.
I created this wooden plaque using the unique digital designs from Gecko Galz on Etsy

I started with an unfinished wood rectangle plaque I picked up at the dollar store.
Using a brown acrylic paint, I added water and did a wash with it. 
Dabbed around the edges using my Rusty Hinge distress ink paint 

Stencilled over the flat part using a handwritten word stencil and black distress paint
Edged all away around the plaque with aged brass wax paste

Cut out an image from the GG Words from the Heart ATC Papers sheet and glued in the center
Aged a wood window from my stash, and glued that over the paper

Glued some pretty vintage rhinestone chain to the bottom of a vintage brass skeleton key. Glued the key to the side of the window frame.

Fussy cut a pretty floral image from Gecko Galz Ethereal Flowers
and glued it over the window pane.

On the back, I glued a brass hanger charm
Using wire, I coiled it and added some pretty glass beads and a glass drop. 
Attached that to the hanger.

Now its ready to hang on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and so many tiny details on your project, Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...