Sunday, April 19, 2020

To Mom Gecko Galz Daily Blog Challenge


My mom passed away 2 yrs ago, so this card is a tribute to her.
She always loved flowers + hummingbirds and had a green thumb.

I started off making a 2 ended flower pot.

A crease runs down the center. I measured off each top enbd of the pot, + made a lip using a decorative paper.
I cut out 2 more of the decorative papers, and glued them top + bottom, on one side, then the other
I then edged all away around the flower pot in a distress ink
Fold the pot up + punch 2 holes on either side of the decorative paper.
Do that to both ends where the decorative paper is.

I cut flowers out from  GG floral sheets and glued the ends to the back side of the pot.
The humming bird is cut out, and has a pop dot behind it.

On the inside,using a tag die, I cut out a shape using Handwritten Word paper.
Glued that in the center, then added words from another sheet.

On the front again, add a tag or a floral with the word "Mom" and attach to front of the flowerpot.
I also added 2 tiny light green crystals to either side of my Mom tag.

Choose a coordinating ribbon, and run bring it thru the holes + tie a bow. Your Mom opens the bow to see your message.
Happy Mothers Day!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...