Monday, January 27, 2020

Winter Blues Light Up Box

The things you can create with a gift box...
Really, who knew!
I totally transformed this gift box, ( it had bath bombs in it)
into a lighted up beauty.
Cut off 1 end of the box, then taped down the other end.
There was paper window panes on the plastic front, I cut them off, making sure not to cut into the plastic.
Printed off this gorgeous vintage girl surrounded by frost,on vellum, ( shes from gecko galz), and then adhered her to the plastic using glass glaze.

When she was dry, I went thru my paper stash, and found this vintage type blue swirled paper that reminded me of a winter day. After measuring the sides, front + back of the box, I cut + adhered the paper. Had this new glitter paper, from a paper pad, and added a stripe of it on both sides, and the bottom of the box. I also decided to glue a larger piece of it inside the box, behind the picture.
Silver scroll die cuts, white paper flowers, some with glitter, some with rhinestone centers, decorate the front. I also added some pretty blue acrylic snowflakes + silver snowflakes. A 3 layered snowflake flower glued to the inside top.

On the back, a silver scroll die cut and layered flower.
Finally, last, but not least, I put clear fairy lights inside the box.
Set on a shelf, or near a window, your Winter Blues will hopefully go away!

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous, recycled box luminary, Kim! The frosty papers, white flowers, snowflakes and silver swirls are perfect decorations for this lovely winter image. Good luck in the Gecko Galz Image challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...