Saturday, January 18, 2020

Poe Nevermore

Quoth the raven, Nevermore!

Here is my 8" x 10" mixed media Poe inspired canvas
NEVERMORE

I started off by texturing the canvas using my handmade texture paste. When dry, I painted the whole thing using black matte paint.
Next, I took white and grey paints, added water, then splashed them across the canvas. I did the same with the deep red, only instead of splashing, I let it drop on the canvas to resemble blood drops.
Did the same painting and splashing on the sides of the canvas.
Well that was drying, I put together the elements.
Digitals, burlap, paper roses, chipboard that I painted, a pocket watch with chain, and a skeleton hand. 
I arrange these first, before gluing.

When Ive decided on placement, I start layering using glues and heavy body gel medium.
When it looks finished, and my story has been told, all that is left is to sit in a comfy chair, pour a glass of wine, and read The Murders in the Rue Morgue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...