Monday, January 13, 2020

Jan Gecko Galz Challenge-CAPTURED HEARTS

This is my entry for the Jan Gecko Galz challenge.
CAPTURED HEARTS
I started off with the doll part of a Retro Cafe Art
Steampunk Santos Cage Doll Shrine kit.
Base painted her in black, as well as her wings.
I drybrushed red paint onto the wings, then edged them in aged brass wax.
For her body, I cut out parts from Gecko Galz digi sheet HEART STRINGS ATC and glued them to make her a dress. I also used the same sheet for her arms. Her arms move, with the use of brads.
A faceted acrylic heart was glued to the body.
Her face is a paper cut of Marie Antoinette. Any of the faces from Gecko Galz Marie Antoinette Digital Collage sheet will work perfect!
Light blue vintage rhinestones, made a beautiful necklace .
I painted a chipboard heart with black, then dry brushed it red, like the wings. Edged it in the aged brass wax. I glued it behind the head and added 3 acrylic hearts, with a tiny blue rhinestone in the center.
At the bottom, I added a metal heart. I painted it black, then went over it with red chunky glitter glue. The rope around the heart was done in aged brass wax to highlight it.
A brass filigree was added so a acrylic red crystal could dangle from the bottom.
I also put black glass bead ribbon on either side of the filigree.
3 red paper roses under the metal heart.
The winged Marie was then glued to an oval resin floral frame. I painted the frame in Art Alchemy Sparks Ginger Magic.When it was dry, I highlighted the flowers with Fiery Red wax.
To finish it off, a red ribbon for hanging.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, your art doll is fabulous! You chose the perfect ATC to make her dress from and having Marie Antoinette's head is a genius idea! Love all the details, especially the blue gem necklace and the 'captured heart' she is holding. The wax on her wings is a lovely touch and brings out the texture! A truly fabulous project!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Gecko Galz “Captured Hearts” January Customer Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT

    PS You could also add this to the GG Facebook Hearts folder ... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading all your comments! Come back and visit anytime.

Since this is a public blog, please remember your name and blog info is visible to all.

March Gecko Galz DT Challenge-Magical Mushrooms

 This months challenge for Gecko Galz is MAGICAL MUSHROOMS Dude! Digital Page Magical Mushroom Forest Wonderland Tea House Wonderful Dream J...